Sunday, November 30, 2008

California Pizza Kitchen - Ann Arbor, Michigan

I have not been here in many years but I must say I have been missing out. In my mall mode due to the holidays my husband and I had occasion to stop at the Briarwood locale and were quite happy indeed.

The service here is excellent. Fast, friendly and even helpful. Our waitress ascertained we were in a bit of a hurry (we had an appointment at the Apple store for my husband's beloved iPod) and made sure we had everything in good fashion, including the check and a box for the leftovers.

The thing that took the longest was deciding what to order. What a menu, so many pizzas, salads and pastas to tempt the palette. It was quite hard to decide. I was torn between several pizzas and several salads. At last I settled upon a compromise and got the California Club pizza. Featuring applewood smoked bacon, grilled chicken and mozzarella cheese, hearth baked then topped with roma tomatoes, chilled chopped lettuce tossed in mayonnaise and fresh sliced avocado, it was absolutely delightful on the wheat crust. Health conscious, probably not but worth the calorie splurge.

My husband chose a usual combination for him, a Hawaiian with fresh pineapple, Canadian bacon, Mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce. He quite liked it but it would never be something I would order.

On personal tasting I can quite recommend the Wild Mushroom pizza, the Roasted Garlic pizza, the Thai Chicken pizza and the Sante Fe Chicken pizza. I also quite love the BBQ Chicken Chopped salad, the Chinese Chicken salad and the Grilled Vegetable salad.

All in all I have to say I am quite anxious to go back.

No comments: