Saturday, November 15, 2008

Honey Tree Grille - Belleville, Michigan

We stopped in here one night for a quick meal. It has only been open for a few weeks and already it is quite popular, we had no wait for a table but almost every one was filled on a weekday.

I have dined at other Honey Trees in the area and I have to say this ranks right up there. They are relatively inexpensive, have healthy options and big variety. A very nice place for families as well.

I had the Athenian 1/2 chicken. Marinated and roasted to perfection, served with rice and peas, choice of soup or salad and nice bread. They offer a tomato sauce for the rice but I am not a fan, my father adores it though. I chose greek salad and was very pleased, zesty but creamy dressing on the side and full of fresh veggies. Pretty healthy, very filling and reasonable to boot. I ended up taking a quarter chicken home.

My dad had the Gyro platter, with some tzatziki sauce. Served with grilled pita triangles, and the same sides as the athenian chicken. He had the navy bean soup and it was really delicious.

My mom had the Country Omelette. It has bacon, tomatoes, onions, green peppers and swiss. Served with decent hash browns and your choice of toast. She really enjoyed it. I love places where you can get breakfast for dinner too.

We saw lots of sandwiches pass our way that looked quite nice, a very large stir fry that had us talking and some saganaki that made me drool at the sight. Next time I am getting some, calories be damned.

All in all a decent place. Nothing fancy but plenty of variety and tasty. If you are looking for a solid family place, you cannot go wrong.

No comments: