Saturday, November 15, 2008

Olga's Kitchen - Livonia, Michigan

I have long been a fan of Olga's. That warm soft and pillowy pita bread is just fabulous. If you have not tried an Olga you must. On this visit I went with my mom who is also an Olga's fan.

I am a fan of the original Olga, the Gyro-like lamb and beef mixture with onions and tomatoes, I always get Olga sauce on it (a sour cream based concoction) and jazz it up by adding pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper from the shakers at the table. I also on this occasion (as with most others) got the Olga side salad, a delightful combo of lettuce, tomato, feta cheese and olives with a subtle greek-like dressing. This combo is always a winner. Fresh and tasty, not too awfully bad for you but delicious.

My mom had Olga's White Bean Chicken Chili with a piece of Spinach Pie, a combination of spinach, feta and ricotta, hand-made with phyllo pastry and baked to a golden brown. It came with snackers, seasoned crisp olga bread pieces with a dab of swiss almond cheese. A lot of food and so happy.

It was a very good meal indeed. Service was nice, food was fresh and it was a double coupon day so it was cheap too.

If you want to get started with Olga's coupons you need a reward card, they are free and on some days your coupon can even be tripled. These are the only coupons I see regularly for Olga's and it pays to join up. Learn more here: http://www.olgaskitchen.com/coupon.htm .

No comments: