Sunday, October 12, 2008

Aubrees Pizza - Ypsilanti, Michigan

I have to clarify I went to the Whittaker Road location and not the one in Depot Town.

I went to their website first at http://www.aubreespizza.com/ and they sent me a coupon for a free appetizer when I joined their e club. I would suggest doing the same. They also ask for important dates for all of the family, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I imagine you get freebies then too. We will see shortly as my birthday is on the 20th.

I like the look of Aubrees. We mostly went as they have NTN trivia which I am addicted to. If you are an NTN Fan, they have tables with mini tv screens just for you. My husband and I loved that as we could play and not have to look around to find a screen.

We decided on boneless wings for our appetizer as we planned on pizza and did not want to overload on starch. We got the chipotle barbecue variety and were quite pleased. It was a generous portion with carrot sticks, celery and ranch for dipping. As my husband loves celery and I love carrot it worked out nicely. The slightly smoky sauce was very tasty and the wings were small and crunchy yet still meaty and juicy inside.

For our dinner we wanted completely opposite pizzas so we ordered two. Our waitress kind of acted like we were being piggish which pissed me off. We were taking home major leftovers but at any rate it was just none of her business.

I had the Chicken, Goat Cheese and Mushroom bistro specialty pizza on a whole wheat crust. It has roasted red peppers, sundried tomatoes and red onion on it also. I asked for pesto rather than tomato sauce and they were nice enough to make the switch for me. It was lovely but the sundried tomatoes got a tad burnt on top, they should have stuck em under the cheese. The pizza other than that was perfect. I could only eat three pieces and took the rest home.

My husband had the Mighty Mighty Meat pizza, featuring chunks of italian sausage, bacon, spicy pepperoni, ham and ground beef. He was not a fan of the big chunks of sausage but I like that sort of thing personally. Other than that he thought the pizza was good. Not nearly as good as Toledo pizza, but that is what he says about everything up here. He ate about half his pizza and took the rest home.

We will be back as I liked the place quite a bit food and trivia set up wise. My husband is thinking of choices other than pizza after I pointed out he never likes Michigan pizza at any rate. I want to go on the weekend as they have tailgate buffet for just 7.99 with a variety of 'za, brats, dogs, chili, potato and macaroni salad and the like. What a bargain.

So give Aubree's a whirl. It is tasty.

Added 10/17/08 : We went back tonight as my birthday gift was a free large specialty pizza. We had the Big Kahuna minus onions (James is a baby) and man was it awesome! The Frog Island BBQ Sauce is just yummy. The chicken is in good chunks, slices of nice ham and nice accent of bacon. His half also featured pineapple chunks. Pizza bliss, free trivia, even live free trivia woohoo and all we had to pay for was drinks. I really do love Aubree's now!

No comments: