Sunday, October 12, 2008

Gabriel's Cheese Steak Hoagies - Ypsilanti, Michigan

This place is a hole in the wall. No atmosphere to speak of, it is slightly reminiscent of a bowling alley snackbar. The sandwiches are absolute heaven so I could care less. This is the best cheese steak outside of Philly.

There is no real variety at Gabriels. You can have a cheese steak hoagie, a plain steak hoagie, a lunchmeat special (popular) or a ham and cheese. They also have a garden salad or a ham and cheese salad. You can also buy assorted bags of chips and Pepsi products. That is it.

Really the only thing to order for my taste is a Cheese steak, I recommend extra cheese for sure, extra onions are great, mushrooms I can take or leave. The cherry pepper topping is a must. get it on the side and just sample it if you must. That stuff haunts me in my dreams I tell ya. They sell jars of it and I am tempted, GERD and all.

My husband is just anti-onion and hates it here. Spoilsport. I don't think they do cheese steak without the onions, I mean c'mon. This place is legendary at any rate and frankly my husband is just being picky as usual. The rest of my family adores it here.

No coupons but everything in this joint is under 5 bucks.

You have to try Gabriels, it's amazing.

No comments: