Sunday, October 12, 2008

Casa Fiesta - Westland, Michigan

Casa Fiesta is one of those middle of the road places I have ended up at. The food is ok, the drinks are cheap (happy hour and lunch margaritas, yum), the service is attentive and there are always coupons to be had, they can be found in a variety of places if you look. Get your own coupons online without the effort here: http://www.jmasavings.com/biz_default.php?auto_id=25. The one in the Entertainment book is better though, buy one dinner get one free.

I recommend the chicken chimis here. Covered in a white cheese sauce, they are very tasty. The fajitas are odd, more stirfry that what one expects as fajitas. The shrimp is the best variety in my opinion. Dinners are odd in that they do not automatically come with beans or rice, so watch for that when you order. I like beans and rice myself so this concerns me.

The medium salsa is zesty but if it is too much for you they have mild on request, I personally like it with the very nice chips that are of course bottomless. Guacamole is good, they also have it as a side with several of the entrees on a useless salad I cannot figure out.

The atmosphere is pleasant here. Clean and roomy. Light mariachi sounds in the background. Good for families too, you usually see a cute kid or two.

The dinner is mighty cheap and the staff is quiet and extremely efficient, but I never dine here without a coupon personally.

No comments: