Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bailey's - Canton, Michigan

I must confess we started coming here solely because they show WWE pay per views and I am too cheap to pay to watch them at home. My husband is a wrestling fan and so I decided to find a place we both could enjoy watching them, him for the action and me for the food. It is also nice to come here and shoot pool.

You can find several coupons for Bailey's in the entertainment book and also sign up for their e club here http://www.tentcorp.com/ for special deals and a free meal on your birthday. Bailey's features many drink specials and fun special events that mostly revolve around sports.

This place has great appetizers and you can make a meal of many of them. My fave is the Bavarian Pretzels, which are fresh baked to order and served with excellent queso (which rocks with the tortilla chips too). The BBQ Chicken Potato Skins are James' favorite. They have these things called Chicken Billiard Sticks which have a good kick to them and remind me of Chili's southwest eggrolls. Another treat are the great Chinese Chicken Potstickers with the Red Amber Ale soy dip sauce.

I really like the zesty Tortilla Soup here as well as the Newcastle Brown Ale Cheese Soup. Rich and filling. The Napa Valley Spinach Salad is hands down the salad to get here if you are so inclined. Chicken, Bacon, Strawberries, Raisins and Feta, need I say more?

I like the fish a lot at Bailey's. They have great beer battered Newcastle Fish and Chips but also have a healthier option of a Blackened Mahi Mahi over rice that is very tasty as well. The Chicken Fingers are good and quite a big portion. The Grilled Chicken Platter comes with a large variety of basting sauces and rice and is quite happy. If you want to splurge the Campfire Pot Roast is tender and served over delicious mashed potatoes.

One of my fave sandwiches is The Black Forest with smoked turkey and applewood bacon on a pretzel roll. The Philly Chessesteak is really flavorful with the peppers and onions. I also like the Campfire Pot Roast Sliders with the tender beef short rib meat. All sandwiches come with thick square cut fries which are delicious.

The burgers in here are just ok, a bit preformed for my taste. Stick with the much better options above.

There is something for everyone at Bailey's, go ahead and give a coupon a go.

No comments: