Saturday, September 13, 2008

Moe's Southwest Grill - Allen Park, Michigan

If you love big food for cheap prices, a Moe's burrito is a must have in your life. This is another type of Panera, Noodles and Company or Qdoba places where you order and then sit with your meal. I love these type places as you save on tip and get speedy food that is generally healthier than a fast food place.

My husband is a burrito guy, frankly if you put meat into a tortilla he is there. I read about Moe's online and heard they had big burritos and that you could choose everything that went into it as they made it. After finding a coupon on Sudden Values for buy one get one free burritos, I knew we had to try it. Find your coupon here and be sure to check out all the Sudden Values offers, there are often several for each business so you can often find exactly what you are looking for: http://annarbor.suddenvalues.com/sudden/values/Display.cfm?recordid=18247 . You can also sign up at Moe's website for a freebie burrito on your birthday! http://www.moes.com/index.aspx

We had the Homewrecker burritos, I had chicken and James had steak. Both were tasty but I preferred the chicken. They also have a pulled pork option as well as ground beef or tofu. You can add your choice of black beans or pintos, rice, cheese, lettuce, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream, onions, cilantro and various type peppers and extras. I of course had almost everything and extra cilantro and James went basic with lots of cheese and sour cream. Moes will make it however you want it. Both burritos were delicious and exactly as we requested

The results are huge. I could not finish my burrito and James barely made it. We got them in a combo which includes tasty white queso or guacamole side with tortilla chips and a drink. We also tried cups of the rice as a side for a mere 79¢. They have a salsa bar here with five different types, including one very hot variety and a tomatillo salsa, I tried all and they were just ok. Our whole bill with two burritos, chips and queso (him), chips and guac (me), two rice cups and two endless drinks totalled just over thirteen dollars! Bargain!

I saw some of the other food and it looked decent. The quesadilla is better for a smaller appetite. The nachos and tacos looked just ok but the salads looked terrific in their nice sized tortilla bowls. They have fajitas but I did not see them for myself.

So if you are bored with your bargain places and have a good appetite, give Moe's a whirl. They will make it just how you like it and give you plenty. Even without a coupon it's a deal!

No comments: