Saturday, September 27, 2008

Chipotle - Ann Arbor, Michigan

We are on a burrito kick lately. Chipotle is another one of the mexican fast food but nicer restaurants that are fairly common everywhere. You order, watch as they make it and take it right to your table, thus avoiding the need to tip. It always makes dining more affordable.

I love Chipotle. The ingredients are top notch and every item is natural and organic. The meat is raised on a vegetarian diet as well as being hormone and cruelty free. It is the kind of place I feel better for eating in as well as enjoying the flavor.

All meats are marinated in an adobo. It makes them tender and juicy. I am a fan of the chicken but my husband loves the barbacoa, which is spicy shredded braised beef. The vegetarian options is black beans and includes guac, with the fajita burrito it also includes sauteed onions and peppers.

You can choose your way to eat Chipotle deliciousness, burrito with beans, fajita burrito with sauteed onions and peppers, plain in a bowl, in hard corn or soft flour tacos or on top of a salad of romaine lettuce. Any way you get it is tasty but I am a fan of the fajita burrito myself. The burrito has a little kick to it even with the mildest salsa, fresh tomato, which is very pleasant.

I highly recommend the guacamole and chips side. The guac is very fresh and chunky. The chips are not greasy and crisp. My husband is annoyed they do not have queso, which is his favorite thing with chips, he settles for the mild fresh tomato salsa (pico de gallo).

I prefer it here while my husband prefers the cheaper with coupons Moe's. He says the sour cream is too soupy here (it is quite thin but I enjoy that) and he likes Moe's cheese (more generic and orange at Moe's- I like Chipotle's) and more different options of toppings better. We both prefer the meat here and we both agree that Moe's burritos are somehow more filling. I think if Chipotle had queso my husband wouldn't be as picky.

So you decide for yourselves. We go to both as we are fans of fast and fresh mex and they are both good cheap options for us.

No comments: