Sunday, August 24, 2008

Cafe Marie - Ann Arbor

I love breakfast but I can be very picky about it. The Cafe Marie does breakfast so well that I am always willing to go there. It is very happy breakfast indeed. You can get a coupon in the entertainment book for a real bargain here.

I love that they offer pots of tea here. A rarity outside of a tea room but one very much appreciated by me. I am not a fan of tea bags and when anyone offers a properly brewed loose leaf I am all over it. They have a great variety to boot, including good chai. My father says the coffee is excellent as well but I will never know that as I do not indulge. Basically this is a beverage paradise, they offer juices, smoothies, all the coffee house essentials, including syrups.

The food here is just excellent. They have four different Benedicts, my fave is the Salmon Bene. Perfectly poached eggs and hollandaise with excellent smoked salmon on english muffins. Heaven. My mom is a fan of the skillets, which are quite good and come in so many varieties. The South of the Border Omelet is great with chorizo, salsa and sour cream. The Whole Wheat Blueberry Flapjacks are just amazing here. You feel healthier ordering them but they sure do not taste at all like health food. The Eggers are fun, served in flour tortillas and of course I will recommend the salmon one.

They are very flexible in here. You can get tomatoes instead of home fries and make special health requests in other areas too. Very nice waitstaff and just lovely atmosphere.

If you come on a weekend be prepared to wait. They will take reservations though.

No comments: