Sunday, August 17, 2008

Rocky's of Northville - Northville, Michigan

I love this place! I have been coming for years and it only continues to improve. No coupons but join their club and get in on it here: http://www.rockysnorthville.com/rockiesgues.html .

Rocky's is seriously tasty food. Chefs Rocky Rachwitz and Dan Meier know their food. It is cheaper at lunch, early bird dinner or to come in and order off the special raw bar menu.

The one thing that is a must to get while in season is the Gazpacho. I must confess I have stolen the recipe. They also have excellent Cole Slaw you can get with optional crumbled Maytag Bleu cheese. The house salad is a treat with cranberries, gorgonzola and raspberry viniagrette too.

They also have great appetizers. The calamari is tender and zippy. The Smoked Seafood Pate is really delicious. The house Smoked Salmon is just perfect as is the spice rubbed Ahi Tuna served rare as it should be. Mussels are great any way you get them. The Oysters are just fresh and amazing raw or cooked.

Fish specials are always a good choice. I had a Blue Marlin once that blew me away. My father was a fan of a Swordfish that was covered in a creamy shrimp sauce. Basically if it sounds good it will be. Fish is never overcooked here, it is always fresh and comes with innovative ingredients that match tastes perfectly.

Right now they are having a whitefish festival. I can highly recommend the Hazelnut Encrusted Whitefish that comes with wilted greens, basmati rice and brown butter reduction. They have four other choices as well, all under twelve dollars at lunch. Bargain.

My old standbys are the pan roasts. Seafood like Shrimp, Scallops and Oysters in a spicy cream sauce with veggies like artichokes or sun dried tomatoes. The New England is good but the Pesto is better in my opinion. Creamy sauce, perfect seafood and rice under twelve bucks at lunch, how could you go wrong? The Oyster Stew is also very nice indeed from the raw bar menu.

If you see The Roasted Half Duck on the menu I strongly suggest you indulge. Rocky's is hands down the best I have ever had, with spaetzle and red cabbage it is a delight. The Short Ribs Of Beef fall off the bone tender and delicious. So freaking good.

If you are looking for great fresh seafood, love duck or beef short ribs you have to try Rocky's of Northville. You will not be sorry.

No comments: