Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bone Yard Bar-B-Q - Dearborn Heights, Michigan

This place is seriously good barbecue. Cheap as chips to boot. You can eat cheap without a coupon but you can get an even better deal with one. They run advertising in all the major places; newspaper, circulars, etc. but you can always find them online here: http://www.saveoneverything.com/moreinfo.php?advertiser_code=3135610102#

I think the ribs in here are good if sometimes a bit too chewy, the shrimp in here are excellent but the star for me is the fall off the bone barbecue chicken. I have sampled the fish and broasted chicken and they are quite nice but I usually stick to the specialties of the house. The bonus is that they have a whole barbecue chicken dinner for two for a mere 14.95. Use the 15% off coupon and that is seriously cheap eats. This is no scrawny chicken mind you, my husband and I can split it and both have leftovers the next day. Luckily we are perfect sharers on chicken, he likes dark while I prefer white, so we both get exactly what we want with no arguing.

At save on dining they have a fabulous coupon on a feast for four to six people for 29.99 that includes a whole slab of ribs, a whole chicken, potatoes, a large greek salad and a bread basket. It will definitely feed six comfortably, possibly eight. We split it with my parents once and barely ate a third of it.

The barbeque sauce is very thin and zesty here, it is a nice change from the sticky, heavy sauces you get some other places. The potatoes are huge round circles, broasted rather than fried. They have great slabs of garlic bread that are not too buttery or overpowering. They have salad or coleslaw gratis with the meals or you can upgrade to a loaded type cheesy bacon salad my husband likes or a great greek that I prefer. The upgraded salads are huge and worth the extra charge, it really makes it a great deal.

Another thing I really like about this place is you can make an appetizer into a meal for two dollars extra, getting bread, salad and potatoes to go with it. Great for nights when all you want is a few barbecue wings or fried shrimp. If you add another person to your group and want to round out your meal by giving them the extras and including an appetizer for the table to share that works too. I have done this several times when sharing the whole chicken with my parents and it works out well.

One appetizer you might want to try that deal with is the Rib Tips. They look horrible but are so tender and delicious. I think they have better flavor than even the regular bones. It is a huge portion, simmered in the sauce and just rich. Give em a whirl, they are a bargain.

The atmosphere here is ok, not great but the place is clean, the staff friendly and the food a tasty bargain. Give it a try, I think you will like it.

No comments: