Friday, July 18, 2008

Mexican Fiesta II - Canton, Michigan

This is easily my favorite mexican restaurant in the burbs. I have been going here since I was small and so I know the menu well. I will be honest in that I usually get the same exact thing in here as I know it is the best.

James and my favorite meal in here is the Chicken and Cheese Enchiladas. The corn tortillas are dipped in an Anaheim pepper sauce and are stuffed with white and dark meat chicken that is so very tasty. The enchiladas are covered in a delicious white cheese and are so delicious. You can get three for 9.50 and split them with a friend (or husband) or take half home and have a great second meal that reheats like a dream. They come with your choice of two sides, either cole slaw, refried beans or spanish rice. You can't go wrong with any of them.

My parents are hooked on the Botana here, a deluxe nacho type dish with refried beans, mexican sausage, the incredible white cheese and all manners of veggies and sauce. It is quite tasty but wow so filling. They can split a mini one. If they do not get this my father usually gets Beef and Cheese Enchiladas while my mom orders a Chicken Chimichanga. When they do this they too have a second meal after.

Again I can actually review alcohol here as I have had it. The margaritas are tasty and big. The jumbo is happy enough but they also have deals on half liters and liters which was most appreciated by my former coworkers. Its definitely reasonable in my book. You can get a pitcher of Sangria for 8.00 and my parents are big fans of that option. Beer and mixed drinks are reasonable and they even have ice cream drinks, so fun!

We come here at least once a month and are never disappointed. One big tip is to ask for hot chips to go with your salsa, guacamole and/or queso. They charge fifty cents but it is a world of difference, trust me. Everything else is a bargain at any rate.

No comments: