Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Noodles and Company - Livonia, Michigan

There are several of this chain locally. I have also visited the one in Ann Arbor but I prefer Livonia personally.

I love this place. Reasonable and tasty. The kind of place you can take your mom or your kid and they would find something happy to eat. I usually eat here with my mom but James and I have also been several times and he is all good with it.

My favorite dish in here hands down is the Chinese Chop Salad. It has field greens, bell peppers, carrots, sprouts, napa cabbage, cucumbers, crispy wonton strips and black sesame seeds. It is dressed in a delicious sesame oil, soy and rice wine vinaigrette. I could eat this at least once a week. It is a happy salad indeed.

To be honest I am just partial to the Asian menu here in general. I also like the Japanese Pan Noodles made with udon and Pad Thai which I get with extra garlic. My mom really likes the Thai curry soup a lot but I am neutral on it, it's tasty but I like other things here better.

From the Mediterranean menu I am hooked on the Pesto Cavatappi. Not health food but so good. It has a creamy garlic and basil pesto on curly cavatappi noodles. The mushrooms and tomatoes are all it needs really. I just adore it but will only have it if someone shares to cut the guilt and the calories. We all love the Tomato Basil Bisque, a great creamy tomato soup with the right amount of zing. James is a big fan especially.

Meat here is superfluous. They have the option but here I strictly go veg. I just don't see the point as everything is filling and delicious without. The only times I have eaten the meat have been sampling from James. The chicken is ok, the shrimp quite eh.

Both James and my dad love the Wisconsin Mac and Cheese here. It's cheesy and creamy and all things good mac and cheese should be. They also both love the Chicken Noodle Soup, which has lovely broth and thick egg noodles with the chicken, celery and carrots. Both are the stars of the American menu and are nice enough, just not what I would order.

Be sure to try the great Potstickers. They are chicken and vegetable dumplings with a soy based dipping sauce. I zip mine up with the fantastic sriracha hot chili sauce they keep on the table, that stuff is seriously yummy.

The iced tea is delicious here and I love that they have gigantor Rice Krispie Treats, it keeps kids and pesky adults busily chewing.

This is another healthy alternative to fast food places, you order and take a number, get drinks and whatnot and they bring it all to your table. No tipping and a faster wait time. It's a great place for nieces, nephews and stepkids; casual, a bit healthier and reasonable prices. I like it a lot, give it a whirl and I think you will too.

No comments: