Saturday, June 12, 2010

Addis Ababa Ethiopian Restaurant - Plymouth, Michigan

I feel sad reviewing this place too poorly as it just opened and I am hoping they work out all the kinks. I really am happy to see a place like this move into Plymouth and I do want them to succeed.

The food was just bland, fresh and well prepared but without any depth of flavor. I am sure that this is because they are trying to appeal to a Plymouth type crowd. Unfortunately they are not going to convert any locals to loving Ethiopian food without actually giving them the benefit of the doubt and presenting their A game for better or worse. I say bring on the spice and stop trying to dumb down the food.

Service was friendly but you can tell they are still trying to find a groove. The atmosphere is nice and the pricing was reasonable. All these things are pretty meaningless though if the food is not pleasing and interesting.

I will return after allowing them some more time to settle in. I think I will make more of a point of assuring them that the so white she is nearly blue chick (me) can handle more spice.

No comments: