Saturday, June 12, 2010

Thai Cafe - Plymouth, Michigan

After reading Brian D's review that this was the same menu and ownership as the uber drooled about Thai Taste, I was very excited. I really wanted to try Thai Taste but frankly I am rarely able to just go traipsing about the greater Detroit area. I knew it would be a minute before I finally made my way over there.

I finally get what Dea says about pad see ewe. Normally I find it a bit boring as it seems to be what most people who have just moved on from Pad Thai gravitate towards. I have eaten a lot of it through sharing and am generally bored with it. This pad see ewe however was absolutely beautiful with the thick and delicious noodles. Great flavor and so freaking satisfying.

I also ordered some of my standby fave green curry, it is a dish I often get to test the waters and see if a Thai place is really going to make me happy. Mmmmm spicy with peppers and onions but really full of good balanced flavor, it made me very happy indeed. It was a nice pick so I did not go into total carb overload.

The place is vaguely claustrophobic. The temperature can also vary, when we got there and it was empty it was a bit chilly but as people swarmed in it got a bit hot. Service was also a tad slow as it got busier. I don't really mind in a place like this, it is kind of par for the course.

All in all I am very impressed. To think I am in Plymouth all the time and I did not swing by. I really owe you one Brian :).

So westsiders, save some gas mileage and sniff around in your own backyards for a change. Contrary to popular belief, all the good food is not just found in the northern or eastern burbs. You do not have to hike around. Discover your own gems.

No comments: