Sunday, June 13, 2010

Nu Wave Fish & Chicken - Ypsilanti, Michigan

The prices here are reasonable and the food is good. They run nice deals on bigger portions, making it great if you are sharing with a crowd carry out style.

They have coupons and will often let you have food at the coupon prices even if you don't possess one before you go in, just ask because they are pretty nice. They also will generally give you some coupons to take home too.

They have very nice chicken, decent catfish (I prefer the place down the street) and shrimp. I have not tried the ocean perch or whiting because I am not a fan of either anywhere. I think the crispy yet juicy chicken wings are my personal faves but I would have to say as a general rule I find the chicken here to be the superior option to the seafood, given the choice.

Fries, slaw and bread are nothing to write home about. We like getting the chicken to go on its own instead, delaying the heart attacks and saving some calories by eating it with our homemade veggie or salad type sides at home.

Give it a whirl if you are nearby, it makes a quick dinner at reasonable prices.

No comments: