Saturday, June 12, 2010

Supino's Pizza - Detroit, Michigan

I quite enjoyed this pizza, a thin crusted delight. I am not a huge pizza person, I never have been, but I do know what I like and this passes my test easily.

My husband and I of course could not agree on a pizza so we opted for two ten inchers. He went basic with a pepperoni, I wanted the Supino. We also ordered a salad with lemon basil citronette.The pizzas both had great crusts, plenty of ingredients and were perfectly cooked.

I really enjoyed the garlic, olives, chili oil and ricotta on my Supino. Surprisingly I also enjoyed the sauce, which I am usually not a huge fan of, it allows the ingredients to really shine rather than being the dominating flavor. My choice appalled James who thought the flavor combo was wretched.

My husband liked the pepperoni a lot, they certainly did not scrimp on it either. He said he would have preferred a little more zip to his sauce but like I said, he went basic so you need a bit more pep in the sauce maybe for his palate. I personally did not notice a problem at all but his taste in pizza and mine is totally different. He did like the pizza at any rate, especially the crust.

The salad was full of good greens and the veggies were fresh. I adored the dressing but James was iffy on it. He lives on ranch so I would take his opinion on a vinaigrette type dressing with a grain of salt. Next time I think I will get the red wine vinaigrette and he will probably still vetch.

We were full and I even took some home myself as I ate most of the salad. Nice place, we will be back when we visit the market again.

No comments: