Saturday, June 12, 2010

Plaka Mediterraen Grill - Plymouth, Michigan

3/13/2010
I stopped back in for some carry out and I am glad I did. I took it to my parents this week as they are still both recovering from their illnesses and I am still doing some errands and house chores for them. I thought it would be nice to have a nosh I did not make while I was there.

Service was friendly and pretty fast to boot which was good as I never love waiting.

I decided to get my father and I a plaka trio platter to split as neither of us were hugely hungry. As he cannot eat salads and is limited on green veggies, I ordered the hummus and rice sides for us. My mom wanted a gyro with a side of roasted veggies. I asked for an extra side of tzaziki (one comes with the platter) and one of garlic sauce. I also requested an extra pita for my dad just in case.

I get it back to their place and was amazed by the size of everything. The gyro was stuffed full. Our box of meats was chock full of gyro meat as well as two sizeable skewers of souvlaki, one chicken and one tenderloin.

The tenderloin souvlaki is just not something I would have ordered unless it came in a combination. Surprisingly it is my fave thing here. I really liked dipping it and the other meats into the super tasty tzaziki a lot. The chicken was moister this time and the gyro meat was in thick slices that had been finished on the grill. My father really hogged that. My mom could not finish her gyro but happily had some for later.

The side containers were heaped to the brim. The rice and veggie containers were so full they nearly spilled out by opening them up. The hummus was a deep portion, way more than I was expecting. There was so much food we could not eat it all. It made for lovely sharing.

The rice was delicious with a bit of garlic sauce and the veggies were perfectly done and thoroughly enjoyed. The hummus got a bit of olive oil drizzle and was happily shared by all.

My only complaint about here is the pita chips always seem too oily to me. Just heavy. Not that my dad minded at all. I stuck to the regular pita myself though.

Go on and give this place a try. Fair warning, come hungry or be prepared to share.

No comments: