Saturday, June 12, 2010

Rebecca's Family Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlor - Northville, Michigan

I was not expecting much, especially after I walked in. I had heard there was good food here from a friend and did not consult yelp (gasp).

Upon seeing toys, trains and toddlers overwhelming the smallish interior, my husband was breaking out into a cold sweat. He suddenly had visions of bad chicken nugget type cuisine and obnoxious unsupervised kids running through his head. I had to hold his hand firmly to prevent him from bolting.

Turns out the food is good and on this occasion the parents were keeping their kiddos in check. His before caffeine scowl probably did the trick at any rate, it belies the softy that lurks underneath his menacing exterior and tends to keep children effectively at bay.

This place features from scratch soups. That is happy for both of us. They have a great variety of sandwiches, salads and breakfast items.

On this occasion we stopped in for breakfast. It was a tough call for him between sweet potato pancakes and cinnamon raisin french toast but ultimately the rarer pancakes won out. He was definitely a fan. They were sweet yet not overwhelming and I think I was lucky to even get a bite.

I went for the omelet and it was stuffed full of happy veggies I got to pick myself. Utterly delicious. I was also quite happy with my perfectly toasted toast that was delicately buttered to boot. Nothing makes me sadder than soggy or burnt toast.

We will back to give lunch or dinner a whirl.

No comments: