Sunday, June 13, 2010

Asian Fuzion Cafe - Ann Arbor, Michigan

I know, I know, fusion sucks right? Eh maybe usually. I liked it here though.

The waitress Amy was on the ball. I asked about the special wonton noodle soup that I had seen online on their menu and she explained it was a lunch item but that they would be happy to make it up for us no problem. Definitely happy news.

In a flash we had tall glasses of ice water and a pot of hot tea.

We ordered a bit of everything as we were starving. We got eggrolls, potstickers, the wonton noodle soup and some basil fried rice.

The eggrolls were odd, stuffed with meat very similar to a potsticker. Tastyish but just not expected. I noticed after they also have veggie eggrolls which may be more my thing. My mom really liked the eggroll we got though.

The potstickers were standard and therefore tasty. I am a huge fan of fried dumplings and these met my expectations and I quite enjoyed.

The soup was huge, more than enough for two and leftovers. Full of chicken broth, egg noodles, wontons, bok choy, crab, fish balls, shrimp, cilantro, scallions and shallots. The broth was excellent and it made a great share.

The basil fried rice was my favorite item. Basil, peppers, onion and juicy chunks of chicken in a very zesty version of fried rice. It was absolutely delicious. Definitely a nice plate, plenty for two to share if they include an app.

We ended up taking home a lot of leftovers, plenty for each of us to have more of everything.

The owner was there and swung by for a really nice chat. I like that. Our waitress was also super attentive and friendly. Overall, it was a good value for solid and tasty food. I will go back.

No comments: