Sunday, June 13, 2010

Grape Expectations - Plymouth, Michigan

I will confess that I love Grape Expectations more when they have a deal. Luckily the daily $5 a glass happy hour works for me, if you are not into wine they also have $1 off beers and 25% off mixed drinks. If you are feeling like a midweek night out, you can take advantage of the half off bottles of wine on Wednesdays with the purchase of an entree.

As I am usually a single glass type of girl with a non wine drinking partner, I love places that have good wine by the glass. It is hard to come by fresh, quality wine of good variety when you drink in this manner but it is no problem at all at GE.

I have found both the cutting board option and the cheese plates to be tasty. I also have enjoyed the chicken bistro and Italian vegetarian paninis. I will give a shout out to the la forestiere pizza with the variety of mushrooms and goat cheese as well as the apparently popular pear, gorgonzola and walnut which has already been mentioned by others.

Is it spendy? Well I would not come here ravenous or anything but it is a great place to come and enjoy a casual lighter nosh and glass of tasty wine if you are at all worried about your wallet. It is not cheap per se but for what it is it is not outrageous either. Give it a try for happy hour and judge it for yourself. You will find tasty things at a variety of price points. I will grant the fancy special meals are indeed a bit steep but a panini is not.

Oh and the desserts are very nice according to friends, but once I have had the wine its off limits for me sadly.

No comments: