Sunday, June 13, 2010

IHOP - Ypsilanti, Michigan

3/5/2010
The only IHOP I like, we have been here before but only during late night hours on weekends.

We went in last night following my massage. I had a massage so James got to pick our dining choice. He is a huge fan of breakfast and so he picked here.

They have a special running on loaded home fries. I got the home fries with a lot of chunks of sausage and cooked onion topped with country gravy and cheese with scrambled eggs and a side plate of pancakes. A bargain at 5.99. I thought the eggs were decent zipped up with a touch of cholula and tabasco, the home fries were good and different, the pancakes were nice enough with four syrups to pick from. I wish they had real maple syrup but its just not that type of place.

My husband had a Colorado omelette with no onions, which is holy stuffed with meat. Bacon, sausage, shredded beef and ham with cheese and green peppers. Instead of the salsa he asked for sour cream and they brought him three containers of it no charge. He also upgraded his pancakes to the strawberry cheesecake varietal and was very pleased with them.

Our waitress was sweet and our service was good. There were sticky table issues though. Sorry but I hate getting sticky and as it is a pancake place they should know this could be a problem and wash better between patrons.

All in all, a decent stop. Not mind blowing but solid and nicely priced.

No comments: