Saturday, June 12, 2010

Haandi Cuisine of India - Livonia, Michigan

I met some old friends here for a nosh the other day. They are regulars and I wanted to give it a whirl. My knowledge of Indian food is sketchy at best but I liked what I tried here.

Going off of Allen's review on Yelp, I suggested we try the mirch. Excellent call. Spicy indeed which I quite like but my one friend needed more than a bit of strawberry lassi to recover, the expression on her face was priceless. If you don't like heat skip this app, I will give the restaurant credit that they warn you first.

We decided on one veg entree and one meat to share, portions are generous and it was more than enough for three. The aloo baigan was a lovely combo of flavors and very nicely spiced. I love eggplant at any rate. It was a hit with all three of us. The chili chicken was quite garlicky and therefore happy. I found it very tasty but I did not get much of it as it was clearly the most popular dish of the three.

I will be back at some point to try the buffet but I need to hit some other Indian fare first.

No comments: