Saturday, June 12, 2010

Anthony's Gourmet Pizza - Ann Arbor, Michigan

Upon Dan's suggestion I gave Anthony's a shot the other night.

My husband and I are both fans of Chicago stuffed so that is what we ordered. As the carnivorous option contained his kryptonite, mushrooms, we created our own meaty feast. He is anti fennel so we skipped the Italian sausage and went for pepperoni, canadian bacon, hamburger and ham. We were told it would be a thirty minute wait and the guy was dead on.

Dining in is interesting, there are three tables and some odd lounge area with varying magazines. It is also very warm so be warned, I doubt I will be dining in come July personally.

While we waited we took a tour of the mini mall. It is very convenient as all the stores are interconnected. Brazamerica, Copernicus and By The Pound all provided us with plenty of interesting products to entertain us for the half hour. The wait added rather than detracting from the experience.

We got back just in time to feast on our pie. Meaty layers topped with gooey cheese and a dense deep red spice laden sauce. The giant height crust was deliciously crisp. One downside was the bottom was greasy but really what can you expect with all that meat. I could only eat a piece and a half before I cried uncle, James ate two and a half. It's extremely filling and we were both pleased.

We swung by my parents on the way home with treasures from shopping and the rest of the pie. They both enjoyed a piece and still we were left with two for James' breakfast. That is great value.

We will be back for more sampling as will my parents.

No comments: