Sunday, June 13, 2010

Bread Basket Deli - Ypsilanti, Michigan

Closer to me which makes this my new go to Bread Basket Deli!

The manager was extremely nice as were both the other staff we met. We showed up slightly before they opened for the day in a bit of a snow squall in between yet another round of tests at St Joes for my mom. They let us in right away and even got our food ready in record time.

I had my usual #3 and thought the quality was stellar. Thinly sliced corned beef in huge quantity made delicious with the fat all rendered into it, a thick slice of buttery swiss, crunchy creamy cole slaw and a bit of zippy russian dressing all bundled into three pieces of toasted bread. I could only eat half but the other half reheated nicely for later.

My dad got a tomato stuffed with tasty tuna salad. It was gigantic, definitely enough for two meals. It came with gherkins, black olives, banana peppers and a hard boiled egg garnish on a bed of lettuce.

My mom had a pastrami reuben which she declared *the best*. Of course she could hardly eat any of it at one time but it was a perfect all day munch on type sandwich.

The potato salad was better here than in Livonia but I'm still not doing cartwheels over it, I am really picky though. I don't care, I am so in love with the giant sammiches that I would not have room for it anywho. The delicious Topor's new dill pickle made up for it, all cucumber-y snap. Yum. My dad prefers the old dills and they are excellent too.

I will definitely be back. I am so excited they opened one up here!

No comments: